LinkedIn is the largest social platform serving business professionals directly. It doesn’t matter if you want to share great content for your brand, are looking for talent, or reach a new audience. It is a powerful platform. Understanding your LinkedIn demographics will help you understand who your audience is and create a compelling message for them.
Read on to find the most important LinkedIn demographics. You can use it to narrow your targeting efforts and increase your social impact.
- LinkedIn General Demographics
- LinkedIn Age Demographics
- LinkedIn Gender Demographics
- LinkedIn Location Demographics
- Linkedin Income Demographics
- LinkedIn Education Demographics
LinkedIn General Demographics
LinkedIn was started in 2002 to help business professionals network and connect. Since then, it has grown into an internet hub where a variety of brands, companies and professionals can connect, find talent and share ideas.
Here are some key numbers to keep in mind, depending on your situation.
- More than 675 million users worldwide. That’s more than double the US population!
- 303 million monthly active users
- 9% of US users visit the site multiple times a day.
- 12% of US users visit the site every day.
- More than 30 million companies use LinkedIn.
- There are over 20 million job openings on LinkedIn.
- 2+ new members join LinkedIn every second
- More than 154 million American workers have LinkedIn profiles.
Another very important thing to note is how LinkedIn users are accessing your site. 57% of LinkedIn users access the site using a mobile device. That number is really low compared to Facebook (88%) or YouTube (70%), but it’s still important for marketers to make sure their content (eg links, forms, videos) is optimized for mobile.
LinkedIn Age Demographics
Given LinkedIn’s goal of connecting business professionals, it’s no surprise that platform users tend to be older. In fact, US Internet users over the age of 35 are more likely to use the platform than younger users.
Here’s an age breakdown of US internet users using LinkedIn (source):